Wednesday 4 January 2012

Festive period over, and i'm on the detox till the 22nd!

 I know I've been quiet for some time and the dog has been holding down the fort, as I've been to busy working and then when i do have time off, I've managed to consume enough alcohol over this festive period to fill a whale!
 So I'm on a detox till the 22nd Jan, I'm sure your all familiar with the date as we will be hosting at the Emirates to the Red Devils. I shall be attending that game and don't think it's very fair on myself to not enjoy a drink or two (or three, lol) while I'm there. I'm on day 4 and holding out strong, I'm just waiting for the weekend to come and then that's when it's going to get tough.

 Anyway enough about me. So Arsenal, now this festive period is over and the transfer window has opened up, are you going to do anything?
 Well a shocker for me was Emmanuel Frimpong going on loan to Wolves. I didn't see that coming, as he has so much heart and soul for Arsenal that I'm sure it hurt him to have to go. What i don't understand is that we could of sold someone else, or had one of our older bunch or useless/has-beens go on loan. Lets take Andrey Arshavin or Marouane Chamakh or Sebastien Squillaci for instants, the list could go on. But no we take a player that hasn't had that much game time to really show his colours and what he's made of, even though Arsene keeps preaching out about the youth of today, with the majority of our team being youths yet we don't play them, we play the has beens. You might hate me for saying it but I'm sure some of you agree..

 Then, to throw things into the mix, the mighty heroic Thierry Henry could be making his way back into the team he loves most. So really that's me eating my words in a way, he is "old" (in football terms, that is) but still a world class player. Some other teams fans probably don't like him for what he did in the World Cup but to me he's still the same amazing player that hopefully I'll get to see him play in our colours, rather than the NY Redbulls.
 To be honest though, I've been talking to a few fellow gooners that i have drinks with in the pub who think likewise. The idea to them of his return is a waste of time, they in their own opinions think that we shouldn't be wasting money on insurance fee's when we could be getting in younger fresher blood.
 To me though, I think the opposite. Do you know why? Well, because when he's there on the training pitch his presence alone to the younger side is enough to maybe give them a bit of back bone on the pitch. I'm not saying that he's going to over shadow RVP, he won't, he'll be more of a sub or could we say, super-sub maybe.. But with the confidence he exuberates on the pitch, it should wear off onto the other players and help them in the long run.

 With the transfer window being open an all, I would still like to see maybe a couple more players coming in, but at the moment with our spending being suspended shall we say it doesn't look like it's going to happen at all. Unless that is, we sell some players as we have to big a team.. Hmm... So we're in a pickle, cos to me it doesn't look like we're going to sell anyone the fans want to sell, but instead put good players on loan. Who knows, lets just see how the rest of the week pans out.

 Now for me, I'm off to see if i can fix my boiler, as I'm fucking freezing!

Love from

 Mrs Fabregas
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment