Monday 16 January 2012

The Ghost returns, Swansea V Arsenal 3-2

I'm back after a long and restful holiday, hope you all had a splendid Christmas and new year ! My come back today won't be such a happy one as I expected, but being a die heart Gooner, my glass is always half full ! We started good with Van Persie scoring a stunning goal from inside the box, assist came from a disappointing Andre Arshavin. Swansea's first goal of the match came when  Nathan Dyer was fouled inside the box by Aaron Ramsey, the Penalty was awarded. Scott Sinclair made no mistakes and brought the teams level, Szczesny could have saved it, he dived the right way but the ball was just out of his reach !

Swansea's second goal came when Nathan Dyer fired the goal into the left corner from deep inside the penalty box, a moment where I jumped off the couch screaming like a demented cheerleader. Arsenal's second goal came when, Djourou assisted  Walcott who was rather disappointing in the match, set aside his disappointing game he made no mistakes with the chip over the keeper ! 45 seconds later Danny Graham fired a shot into the left corner, once again I jumped up and screamed like a demented Cheerleader just harder this time, Graham was assisted by Gylfi Sigurdsson. The last 4 minutes of extra time was scary and close but we couldn't get a goal, so the game ended 3-2 !

 One of the main reasons we lost? Arteta was out with a calf injury we certainly missed his passes. Gervinho will be missed as well thanks to the Africa cup of nations ! Anyways Man U later this week, they will have to watch out Arsenal come a long way from that 8-2 defeat of last year, we will certainly go into that one as under dogs but if we start with Henry ( hopefully his fit enough to start ) we could surprise everyone ! Just please don't start with Arshavin, I'm a big fan of him but he lost his form, Theo Walcott needs to step up his game as well. Now I come to the part where I have to give a massive thanks to the Dog and Mrs F for my Arsenal shirt, I'm totally in love with it and I noticed the Authentic sign on the bottom of the shirt, will be wearing it with pride. PS I loved the little note you sent with it !

 Laters

And spend some money Arsene !

No comments:

Post a Comment