Monday 13 February 2012

1-2, so long, farewell as Julie Andrews sings and big G shoots high!

Hello all and I hope you all had a fab weekend as I did. The Dog had a roast dinner with SurferGirl and Mrs F and her boys and a fab time was had, thanks and love Sufer! Also some time spent with two of the lads from our trip to Ayr, yep Scottish Rugby with Teach and Scottish James, a whiskey and disappointment all round, hey I am not an egg chaser but the heart of Scottish fans could teach us English a thing or two at times.

So, Farewell to the King, no not another hobbit film but our own legend took his PL bow with another late goal. Yes I know I doubted the wisdom of having a 34 year old MLS player returning to Arsenal and I really did worry that the legend he made would be tarnished. He came out intact but I still wonder whether £600k for six games and 3 goals was worth it? On the other hand maybe getting the winner at Sunderland was worth the £600k on its own for the 3 points and a 4th place? Time will tell. I have to say that it is the first time I have disagreed with Arseblog on having two match winning goals. Sunderland a big yes but Blackburn was just the icing on the cake, not really a match winner compared with Sunderland just nice to see an Arsenal legend adding to his goal tally.

So we look forward to Milan now and a possible upset, giving our current run, and chance to put some pride back into English football. I am not going to get into what happened elsewhere, too much press space has been given to what is, frankly, a bit of an embarrassment to the Premier League and maybe a wake up to all clubs, it is the team that matters, not egos, and some pride in our game would not go amiss this week.

Finally, well done to Zambia on winning the African Cup of Nations, bit disappointed that it will take place again next year due to the Blatta wallet Cup but sad to see that all penalties missed by the Ivory Coast were by Premier League players, including our own Big G. Something to think about for the Euro's England?

By the way I have had to set up a second Twitter account due to the limits imposed on tweets and followers so look for me on @dognash1live and I will follow back. Hope the ghost had a good birthday and more from Statto soon.

Laters,
The Dog

1 comment:

  1. Surely Henry got the other winning goal against Leeds in the third round of the FA Cup.

    ReplyDelete