Wednesday 4 April 2012

My First Arsenal Blog…

Well here goes… I’m going to start by asking a question, were you one of the ‘fans’ calling for Arsene to spend big in the transfer window at the start of the season? I know I have the benefit of hindsight when I write this but spending big doesn’t always reap huge benefits and rewards, just ask a Liverpool fan!


Overall so far I’m happy with how our season has panned out, if you were to remove three players with the quality of Fabregas, Nasri and Wilshere from any side I’m not sure they’d be in the same position as we are now, however I do feel we need to bolster our squad in the summer, if we are to believe what we read then Podolski is a done deal, and if that is the case I’d be delighted with that signing. A proven international with a good goal scoring record and thunderous left foot to go with it.

Other names are being mentioned as potential signings, is that agents creating those rumours to create interest in their client or is it paper talk? I don’t know the answer to that, and I really don’t believe people who claim to have insider knowledge of our transfer activity, I like the fact that Arsenal are a club that is VERY secretive with its business, it’s frustrating at times I know but I’d rather that than have the manager of my club hanging out of his car window talking to Sky Sports every time the transfer window is nearing its closure.

What players would you like to leave this summer? Personally I think Diaby whilst he has been hampered by injuries throughout his Arsenal career, he has been given more chances than other players in our squad and apart from rare outstanding performances he has on the whole for me been disappointing! I’m not sure as regards Arshavin whether he should be sold or not, he can as we all know be a devastating player but this season before his loan he was largely anonymous. Vela for me can go, and Denilson again can go too.
I think of our new signings Mertesacker has had a good start to his Arsenal career although a lot of people are very quick to criticise him, Arteta had a quiet start but is starting to show what he can do, Chu Young Park is a very confusing signing, has hardly been given chance to show what he can do, so I’ll reserve judgement on him for now, Benayoun also in the few chances he has been given I feel has done well, but for me could and perhaps should be played more.

So here we are in the final stretch of the season, which most critics or experts predicted us finishing outside the top four or even outside the top six, we have as it stands proved them wrong. I hope that our next 8 games accrues at least as many points as our last 8 have done, and if that happens I feel a top 3 place is ours….


Thanks for reading and COME ON YOU GUNNERS!!!!

Tazwoz @tazwoz200

No comments:

Post a Comment