Thursday 12 April 2012

A new blog member, Citeh, Wolves,Arsenal and me!

So…………..where to start then eh?
Arsenal vs Man City game?

Tottenham’s poor form in recent games?
Or how I Became an Arsenal fan?

All 3 sounds good to me J

Right, so as this is my first blog and seeing that everybody else’s first blog is about how they became an Arsenal fan, and I for one not liking to break tradition, seems like the perfect place to start.

I never really supported a team when I was a kid, I can remember supporting Newcastle at a young age as my mum is from there but then my affiliation with them sorta evaporated as I got older, until never really supported a team. So my parents went away on holiday for a week and I got to stay with my dad’s mate who just happened to be an arsenal fan. We watched the game on the weekend and I really enjoyed watching Arsenal play, just the way they passed the ball with ease and the fluidity that they had. We watched another game in the midweek and it was the same again, lovely passing cutting open the defence and walking the ball in. Perfection. Since then I’ve been pretty much hooked and since I’ve never had sky sports, I even had to resort sneaking into the pub when I was underage just to watch the game, and maybe have a cheeky shandy or 2. Any way ever since that week I've been an Arsenal fan, and I'm really happy to say that it wasn’t to do with them winning lots of trophies or being a glory hunter, I just love the way they play their football.

Anyway enough of that boring old stuff lets get into the present and talk about our more recent game against poor old Man City. So what’s happened to Mancini and his men? Looks like the pressures of winning the title has got to them and they have slowly faulted towards the end of the season. His men look tired and frustrated especially Balotelli. His potential leg breaking tackle on Song, thank good his leg wasn’t planted, he also booted the post in anger after he missed in the first half, and he kicked the floor in frustration after he delivered a poor cross. His teams mates seem to of had enough of him also, he was on the floor injured at the end of the first half and did any of his teams mates stop to see if he was alright? Nope, they just walked past him like he wasn’t even there. Sorta shows that he’s not wanted anymore doesn’t it, fans players and manager alike.

Enough about man city already and lets slag off our neighbours Tottenham. Whats happened to them? They were playing well, maintaining 3rd spot then it all went to s**t, they have only won 2 of their last 10 games and only taking 10 points from a possible 30! Where Arsenal on the other hand have won 9 of their last 10 taking an impressive 27 points to now go above Tottenham by 5 points. I would be fuming right now if I was a spurs fan, they were killing it this season playing well looking like a close squad that knew what they need to do for the season. Shame really, think they should take a leaf out of Arsenals book, Buy a player like Van Persie and everything will be fine.

Talking of RVP, Wolves were finished in the first 11 minutes of the game. His penalty was the start and equalled a record too. Scoring against 17 of the 19 teams in the league, as did Ian Wright in 96-97. Only failing to score against Fulham and Citeh. Lets hope he stays next season to break that record. With goals from Walcott and Yossi it was another 3 points in the bag. 9 wins from 10 and and third place looking better. Bring on Wigan and we will show Manure how it's done.

Cheers for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment